html]Pin It [/html]

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Katelynn's Home Feat-ure: Part I


Meet my friend Katelynn


                                    You know that moment when you meet someone for the 
                                          first time and you know you'll be friends for forever? 
                    That's how I felt about Katelynn. Katelynn and I met working together at J.Crew. 
                         We immediately bonded over our love of fashion, decorating, and God. 

                           When Katelynn posted a couple of photos of her apartment, I just knew 
                         that I needed to feature her on the blog. Katelynn's apartment is the perfect
                            example of how to create a beautiful and welcoming home on a budget. 



Q: Where is your favorite place to find interesting and fun decor? 
A: My favorite place to find decor is far and away Home Goods! I feel like it is the little black dress of decor...everyone should have something from Home Goods! The best part of Home Goods is that they are always changing their stock, but they always have classic pieces for great prices. 
My favorite local place in Jacksonville is Sugar Bear Antiques, they have the greatest collection of genuine antiques and a fabulous array of vendors!




Q: Where do you find inspiration for your home ideas? 
A: I find inspiration for my home from Home Decor Store Catalogues, Pinterest and recently Instagram! 
I love getting Ballard Designs and Pottery Barn's catalogues every month because they furnish rooms with standard pieces that nearly everyone has or can find, and then mix and match depending on the mood of the room. 
Pinterest is the source of all that is good in the interior design world; and I am never on pinterest for longer than two minutes without finding some sort of inspiration for my home. The neat thing about Pinterest too, is that even if you can't achieve the exact look of a home; the overall aesthetic is always achievable. 
Instagram has been a surprising source of inspiration, but following friends with similar tastes and some of my favorite bloggers has helped spark some fun ideas for my place!


Q: What has been your most favorite antique or home decor find? 
A: The bench and mirror in my entry way both came from Sugar Bear Antiques, and are two of my favorite finds. I think the high-low combination of the nice mirror and the old bench add such a depth to what could have been a bland piece of hallway. 


Stay tuned for part II tomorrow! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs