html]Pin It [/html]

Friday, May 17, 2013

Ev-ery-day life

The other day our stuff arrived in Hawaii. I was beyond thrilled when my husband told me nothing was broken (at least the kitchen items), the fear I had that all my beautiful Anthro dishes would be broken upon arrival on the island was stressful.

My husband sent me this picture as the movers were unloading the huge wooden crates that left Jacksonville Florida at the end of March and arrived in Oahu the beginning of May.

The view from our living room

I am so excited to start decorating our hawaiian home. I have been finding lots of inspiration on websites and Pinterest the past month. Our house has the white wooden paneling and white rafting like many homes in beachy cottage towns, so I have decided to go for a beach, cape cod, with pops of bright color to represent the Hawaiian islands. The house has A LOT of windows because it is located in what is called the windward side of the island, that gets a great breeze a majority of the day, thus many houses (including ours) do not have AC units. I have been shopping around for curtains and snagged great deals at the restoration hardware outlet.

Here are some of the ideas I have in mind:







I am currently obsessed with this chair from Pier One Imports:









Can't wait to finally get to Hawaii and start decorating our house!

1 comment:

  1. How Exciting, I would have to go for the orange accented room. Great options.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs